Old
08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
I think the Flyers don't need scorers as much right now as they need agitators. Every really good playoff team should have some guy that just pisses the other team off. Right now the Flyers have Carter, Richards, Umberger, Potulny, and Ruzicka all coming up not to mention Sharp. In addition, they already have Gags with the big club and they will probably sign a top-6 wing.

I'm glad that the Flyers took a guy who is sure to piss another team off rather than try to find a scorer at the end of the 1st round of a weak draft.

You never, ever, ever have enough scorers. If you draft Downie because he is an agitator that is a 1st round pick going to waste, espically if something unforseen happens, god forbid Carter or Richards get hurt and their carreers are over before they begin...

I obviously know nothing because I don't get to see the OHL, someone else I talked to compared him to Darcy Tucker and Matthew Barnaby, and if that's what he turns out to be then that's crap unless the rest of the draft ends up like crap and obviously could do no better.