View Single Post
Old
03-21-2011, 08:45 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorris View Post
Isn't Bobby Ryan from like Cherry Hill? and Van Riemsdyk is from Middletown, which is kind of a stretch but somewhat Delaware Valley. Those are 2 guys who might make the Olympic team in 2014. Eric Tangradi is also from around the Philly area too. So I wouldn't be too disappointed with the output out of the Philly area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Well Bobby Ryan was from Cherry Hill, but he made out of LA. I believe from around Peewee up he was in SoCal.
Yeah, Ryan's originally from New Jersey but moved to LA when he was 10/11 and played with the LA Jr Kings until moving to play for Honeybaked at 15 and then entering the OHL the next year.

Quote:
"When people ask me where I'm from, I do say New Jersey, born and considerably raised, I guess," he said. "But when people ask where my hockey roots are, [Los Angeles] is the place I say. This is where a lot of good things started for me."
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4914413

The greater Philadelphia/New Jersey area is on the upswing though. You have a guy like Bobby Ryan that got his start there, James van Riemsdyk, Eric Tangradi, John Carlson, Bobby Sanguinetti, Nick Ebert (one of the best '94s in the world) and Anthony DeAngelo (youngest player ever in the USHL, eligible for 2014 draft). They may not have the volume you'd hope for but they're certainly kicking out their fare share of high-end guys in the last few years. Hopefully they can build on it!

Last edited by William H Bonney: 03-21-2011 at 09:24 PM.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote