View Single Post
Old
10-13-2003, 06:23 AM
kraigus

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
Geez, Isbister has 17 stitches in his mouth and several damaged teeth from an incident from about a week ago. He was just trying to protect his face. What the hell is he supposed to do.

Jovo should be punished for going after him when Izzy's face is in that kind of condition.
I don't blame Jovo for going after him - I'm sure from on-ice, the hit on Linden looked very dirty, and while Linden can take care of himself, so can Izzy (just look at The Dallas Game last year) - Jovo's more Izzy's size. I don't blame Izzy for trying to protect his face, either - my wish was that another Oiler had gotten between Jovo and Izzy and said "look, he's hurting, you want to fight, fight me" but I suppose there wasn't enough time for that, and nobody wants to be the third man in unless they're a SJ d-man.

[edit: ok, I see what you said later in the thread now. Yeah, I think somebody should start something with Jovo next game too, although if Jovo fights BG he should retire, he obviously is brain-damaged from too many concussions or something. Ideally, Izzy will go after him with an unhurt mouth, then that will be that. Both are tough, tough players.]