View Single Post
Old
03-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Stewie G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Well, ultimately Green's calling card is his offense. If that dries up, for whatever reason, I think it just becomes hard to justify paying him all that dough.

I think nobody would expect equal compensation for Green in terms of talent level. But the whole point of trading Green to me would be less about the return and more about not wanting to get stuck with a Campbell-like contract. Good player on a bad contract, that sort of thing.

Of course, if you're fairly confident that Green's going to put it all together and be effective in games when there's little open ice, then you wouldn't want to part with him unless you get a tremendous player back, if at all.
I agree that if his offense starts fall off, his price should go down accordingly. That said, puck movers like Green are in very high demand. Is it worth it to overpay him a little if it means not having to sell him for lesser parts? I guess it depends on what sort of number he is looking to get. Bouwmeester checks in at a cap hit of $6.68M. Phaneuf's hit is $6.5M. Anywhere north of there and I'd look to move him I guess.