Thread: Injury Report: 2011 Injury Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2011, 11:45 PM
JamesBond*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
What's out to lunch is believing Bolduc is sufficient for the 4th line for a long run, when his play has been scrambly, not very effective (save 2-3 games), frequently hemmed in their zone, and injury prone. It brings us back to the hole on the 4th C position as we were 3 months ago. Cody has been the most effective in that position (minus Lappy of course). His line of Glass and Tambo were consistently creating pressure in the offensive zone, okay defensively, good on the forecheck. Whereas what you see is what you'll get in Bolduc, rather than a guy who albeit is a bit more inexperienced, but has the ability to step his game up immensely and contribute in other ways rather than the regular bump and grind.

In September, i hoped Hodgson would play a similar role as Helm in his first quasi season - stepping in late during the season, playing limited but effective minutes in the playoffs. I don't think it is out of the question to hope for something similar and i don't think it will detriment his development.
It's patently absurd for them to bring Bolduc up. I don't like to be critical of AV, but he get's these obsessions for certain players and never relents. Frankly, I am surprised Rypien was not a call up yet.