View Single Post
Old
10-13-2003, 07:31 AM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Solid Goaltending Key to Success

After watching two games something comes to mind which has been an overriding theme through the past few seasons. Points have been brought up regarding, talent level, leadership, powerplay, defensive speed, etc. But for my money the number one improvement the Oilers can make this year without ripping the team apart is good goaltending. A goalie who can steal a game, or make an amazing save when the team needs it would go a long way, maybe not solve all of the problems, but go along way. The other benefit of this is, leadership, intensity, defensive speed, and talent level would all take a boost if the Oilers get strong goaltending. As for answers, well I am short on these, however playing Salo night in and night out is the exact path the Oilers should not take. Salo has played many seasons and has shown that he wears out over the long haul when he plays 60 games plus, time for him to earn his spot. Maybe Conklin is the answer, I would like to see him get a chance at 30 games. If not trade/bringin a rookie and let him have a shot. What do we have to loose?