View Single Post
Old
03-22-2011, 11:22 AM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
i agree with KK- i've never understood why there is so much hype around this kid. i just don't see it. he's big and lanky and it looks like he might be a good skater for his size, but i just kinda laugh when i hear the talk about how huge his potential is and how he might even be "our best prospect".

i don't think the kid is a lock to make the NHL, forget about him being our "best prospect". i will be watching him closely tonight.
He's not our best prospect. The best prospects are much closer and more assured of making the NHL then Weir.

However, if you watch the guy, you see all the tools that give him an intriguing upside. He has the frame to be a dominant physical player in that he's 6-3, even if at the moment he's quite lacky and doesn't have the muscle to support playing at that height yet. But being that big, he skates and stickhandles as well as somone that's 5-9, and has all the offensive instincts you want in point producing defenseman. It's as if you put Rundblad's talent in Cowen's body. That's where Weir's ceiling could be.

That being said, he's a long way off, and could very well never put his defensive game together. Or he might never be able to put the muscle he needs on his frame to handle the NHL. That's why he's such a risk.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote