Thread: Injury Report: 2011 Injury Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Here's a thought I had recently... We're all obsessing over our 3rd line; it was our biggest improvement, all champion teams had great 3rd lines, this years line is such an upgrade to last years etc. etc.

Well, I'm not sure if you remember, but that Raymond-Wellwood-Bernier line was often thought of as one of our best lines in the post season. They did it in a different way than this years Torres-Malhotra-Hansen line: they controlled the puck via creating offense and keeping it in the oppositions zone. Each of the past 2 seasons after being eliminated, never did we think "we lost that series as a result of our 3rd lines play." Now, this year, we did in fact upgrade our 3rd line and it'd be hard to argue otherwise. But that's not to say we can't succeed without Malhotra being on it.

What's a better 3rd line in your opinion? Raymond-Wellwood-Bernier, or our new 3rd line of Torres/Raymond-LaPierre-Hansen?

My point is despite losing Malhotra, I still think our 3rd line is better than last year.