Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Patrick Wiercioch
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
I don't think anyone will contest that Rundblad is our best prospect right now.

But I don't know how I feel about KK allegedly saying that about Wiercioch. Patrick had stellar numbers in college and great scouting reports all over. It takes a spineless mother****er of a coach to belittle his own player's pedigree instead of shutting up or at least shouldering responsibility.

Personally I think it is too early to make any predictions on which of PW, DR, or JC is the best prospect, or which will have the most succesful NHL career.

Rundbald has definitely lit it up in the SEL, but the NHL is a beast of a different ilk. So until he arrives and plays a significantly more physical brand of hockey, it is premature to annoit him the best.

Cowen proved he was close last year, and he has had a very good year in the WHL finishing 15th among defencemen in scoring. While he appears awkward at times, it is not abnormal for a young person go through an adjustment due to their physical growth. Currently, Cowen is showing a more rounded game than either David or Patrick.

Wiercioch was probably overhyped, but watching him from training camp and in the games I have seen him play in the AHL, he is developing and will make the NHL. He does need to get stronger, and work on his acceleration, but he has talent and he is starting to show it more consistently.

The good thing about all of them, they are future Sens IMO.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote