View Single Post
Old
03-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
am i the only one who thinks the current purple and black scheme looks good....
to me it's to much black. i liked them better from 98-02 with the purple socks and purple band on the bottom. it provided better balance, because the colors played off each other better. i didn't like the shield logo though. ive always thought they should have had the crown on that jersey and at that point i think they would have had a very sharp all over uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
They're not bad, but I think most people associate the purple-black era with a lot of disappointment. It's not the jerseys, but what they represent. I guess all of our jerseys have come with ups and downs, but the purple-black era is still fresh in everyone's memory.
ive followed some of the discussions on the era-disappointment convo's. i can see how some can identify particular eras based on what uni's the team wore. personally i don't, but to each their own. the way i look at it the team has gone through 4 distinct uniform eras (67-80, 80-88, 88-98 and 98 to present), none of them could be seen as better than the next. after all the team won nothing during it's entire history, so pointing the finger at any specific era to me is pointless.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote