View Single Post
Old
10-13-2003, 07:05 AM
Tom Liodice

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesJack
What's going on? MANY tickets are still available for the home opener. I'd go, but I have a hockey game upstate on Saturday. ONE WEEK AWAY BABY! I am going to the game against the Leafs on the 20th, and I am pretty sure A LOT of tickets are still available for it. Do you think the same thing will happen as it did in the playoffs? People will buy tickets right before the game starts and eventually they'll sell out? Or do you think it will depend on how they do this week against Atlanta to really get people interested?
I think it's because of the ridiculous nature of the ticket prices. They are becoming way too expensive. I remember 2 years ago, I could go to a game, last row for $8 with the student discount...now they don't give student discounts and last row is $25-$31, depending on what game you're seeing. That's almost a 400% increase. Interesting factoid: I was actually able to purchase last row seats to the Isles/Rangers game at MSG on February 19th on ticketmaster.com ("Best available" was actually last row), and last row seats for Isles/Rangers at MSG is actually cheaper than at Nassau Coliseum! MSG=$29.50; Nassau=$31 Go figure!!! :p

-TL