View Single Post
Old
03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husko View Post
I've been thinking about this for awhile and I think the answer is yes. The core group, who have been identified as the core, are finally taking a stride past being good players, but also being the leaders on this team.

Aside from Hecht, the As are being rotated between Pominville, Gaustad, and Vanek. No aging vets like Grier or Neids. No putting it on a defenseman just because. But three players who have been with the team their entire careers are stepping up.

And it goes beyond just wearing a letter. Vanek is taking the blunt of criticism in a game where Andrej Sekera blew it bad. Gaustad's voice is being heard all the way back to the press from the non-access area.

I like what I'm seeing.
Certainly, Miller proved to be the first legitimate leader from the "Amerk-Five" alumni - Gaustad showed small doses every so often but it's good to read stories about him being very vocal now, and even more reassuring to see Vanek back up his leadership-type talk in the locker room interviews with his play and work habits on the ice.

However, despite him wearing the 'C' in the past and an 'A' at other times, I'm not convinced that Pominville will ever be a "put-the-team-on-my-back-and-I'll-lead-them" type, nor will Roy.

But, I'm sure 3 out of 5 isn't a bad percentage in Regier's mind.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote