View Single Post
Old
03-22-2011, 07:35 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
In case one of them gets injured. I'm not comfortable with either Drewiske or Harrold starting in the playoffs.

There's a reason why DD44 didn't get used in the POs last year. He hasn't been the same since the shoulder injury. Harrold is OK, but was terrible in the playoffs last year.

I'm not talking about giving up significant assets. Just a mid round draft pick for a decent depth guy rental. That's all. Kind of like how we got Modin as a depth forward, in exchange for a 7th round pick.

Indeed. There may have been nothing available for a reasonable price. Perhaps "failed" is the wrong word.
We got Modin that cheap because he was always injured and Colombus wanted to shed salary and give Modin a chance to actually play somewhere. Believe he was actually free, much like Sturm. The 7th was conditional on us winning the cup. Any defenseman that we would get at that value would be around the skill level of Randy Jones or Brett Lebda. I'd much rather have Whiskey or Harrold. Both are accustomed to our style and get along well with the guys in our locker room. Trading for a defenseman would show no faith in either of them and both are competent defenseman. Plus, name one team that carries 9 dmen. I'm perfectly happy with our defensive depth and don't see any reason why we should have wasted any assets on obtaining another one.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote