Thread: Kopitar!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old
08-02-2005, 08:05 AM
JimmyChitwood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond

What will he do this year? I hope he comes to North America and plays for the Regina Pats and leads the WHL in scoring.
Hopefully (for me and other Sodertalje fans) he will stay in Sweden, as he is very much in the plans for the SEL team this year. If all goes well, he'll be the 2nd or 3rd line center and will put som points on the board. If not for the lock out, it's a sure bet both Kopitar and Bergfors (who was drafted at 23 by New Jersey) would have played a lot more in the SEL last season.

Kopitar himself have said that he will only go to North America if the team that drafted him wants him to and he is included in their plans for the coming season. Of course, people do change their mind, so that COULD change if the Kings makes a really strong argument as to why he should go over and play in the WHL or whatever. But I hop not, and believe another year or two in Sweden will do nothing to harm his chances of developing into a NHL player. He has the tools. I saw his first game in the junior league last fall, and although he was dominating then already, he looked like a different player in the SEL play offs. He just looked more comfortable on the ice and it seemed like his skating had improved a lot. It still needs improvement, but to my mind, that is the only question mark as far as his skills go.