View Single Post
Old
03-23-2011, 12:18 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
i'm all for getting as many points as possible. and of course i'd love to see this year's SMYTHE division banner up at staples. but getting into 3rd place greatly increases our risk of getting chicago in the first round, and i am not a fan of that situation...

edit: i sound like a naysayer. i'm not. i promise. look, i'm sorry! stop looking at me that way!
Here's the projections currently. This assumes teams continue to earn points at their current rates:

1. VAN 116
2. DET 107
3. SJS 103
4. PHX 99
5. LAK 99
6. CHI 98
7. NAS 98
8. ANA 97

You are correct - #3 would play Chicago at present. Nashville has a good chance at that 4 or 5 seed due to their favorable schedule and if that's the case, then I think the Kings at #4 or 5 would be pretty close to the ideal match-up in round 1.

The Kings so far this season are 9-11-0 vs. Central teams (mainly Chicago and St. Louis), 13-2-2 vs. the Northwest and 9-7-2 vs Pacific teams.

All that stats junk out of the way - I think it'd be a huge accomplishment for this year's Kings team to win the division, the Kings believe they can attain that and accordingly I expect an intense game Thursday.