View Single Post
Old
10-13-2003, 07:36 AM
tulsytrid1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I mentioned this to 7NA at the Preds game but in West vs. West matchups, we want these teams to win in regulation every time they don't play each other.

Colorado
Detroit
St. Louis
Vancouver
Dallas

Why? These teams will undoubtedly finish ahead of Nashville in the final standings. Whether they are 30 points ahead of us or 15, it matters not. The best possible scenerio is that they win every single non-Predator western conference matchup that they play. When they best someone other than the other 4 teams listed, and Nashville, they are beating a team we are fighting positionally with.

So when Colorado plays Phoenix, go Avs. When Detroit plays Minnesota, go Wings and when St. Louis plays Anaheim, go Blues. It's going to be hard to do, but if those 5 teams are very, very successful in the games I have specified, it significantly increases the Preds chances of being playoff bound.
It will be really really easy for me to say go Blues. It will be kind of easy to say Go Stars. It will be a little harder to say go AVS. It will be really hard for me to say go Nucks...and I will not say Go wings.