View Single Post
Old
03-23-2011, 11:55 AM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Giroux - prime of his career

In todays NHL, forwards are in their prime from ? Conventional wisdow says 27-32, I believe this is wrong. I say 23-30. Those are the years when you are likely to have your best seasons in the NHL. Are there examples of phenoms having career years at 21, 22 - yes.....but that is the Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, Ovechkins of the list. There are also guys who produce well past 30, but again.....highly unlikely

Players in the NHL today in their prime are born from 1980-1988 (age 23-31). Guys born in 80 top 10 all time scoring (Vincent Lecavellier, Brad Richards, Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Simon Gagne, Henrik Zetterberg). Of the top only Gagne and Lecavellier are not what they once were. Players born in 1988 would include: Kane, Toews, Jordan Staal, Lucic, Giroux, and many others. All on the list would be considered "coming into their prime". Likely their best years are coming in the next 5 years.

So Giroux is just now entering his prime at 23. How long do you believe he will be at the top of his game, assuming he remains healthy. I believe he has a good 7+ years in his prime. With players workout routines and diets, I can't see any reason why Giroux at 29 would be less than Giroux at 23.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote