Thread: Hannan
View Single Post
Old
03-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
I'll never understand why people speak in absolutes in regards to decisions they have absolutely no say in.
Seriously? Of course what I said was just my opinion. But yeah I think it is an educated one from someone who has been a serious follower of the game for over 30 years.

I'm sorry you didn't like how I framed my opinions of what is going to happen with some of the team this offseason. I know everyone wants to be able to keep all the guys they like and ditch all the guys they don't like and that it seems like a serious no brainer that McPhee should feel the same way and would thus make that happen. But I think we all know McPhee views things a little differently than so many around here do.

This isn't necessarily about what I think should happen but more about what I think will happen. Could I be wrong? Of course but I don't think so. McPhee has a long term plan and I don't think it includes giving all of the UFAs the types of contracts it will take to keep them and I don't think he is going to ditch guys he clearly feels are part of the said plan so he can keep all the UFAs. It isn't that he doesn't want to keep them, it is that when it comes down to it Hannan and Arnott especially are very likely going to get much better offers elsewhere.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote