Thread: Hannan
View Single Post
Old
03-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
I wasn't questioning your hockey knowledge and I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything you said since I'm waiting to see how each of them handles the playoffs before forming a final opinion, but the bolded words don't suggest opinion. The underlined ones do.

It is fine and dandy to disagree with someone and be very firm in that stance, but to flat out say that something won't be done, like you did in the first sentence, essentially stifles any back and forth that might be had. Either that or it forces the other side to swing to the far opposite end of the spectrum to try to prove why something might actually happen. Simplying adding words such as 'likely' imply a willingness to continue discussion of a subject. At least that's how I interpret the written word.
Dude I don't know what to tell you. If I said 'the Caps aren't winning in Ottawa on Friday' and you take that as there is no reason to discuss it then that is fine but it is obviously an opinion. Yes if I frame it like that I clearly feel pretty strongly about my opinion but it is still just that, an opinion and thus up for discussion.

I feel strongly that the Caps are not going to retain all the UFAs that everyone wants them to unless they find out for a fact that Poti is done before July 1 and I don't see that happening.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote