Thread: Hannan
View Single Post
Old
03-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Stewie G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Dude I don't know what to tell you. If I said 'the Caps aren't winning in Ottawa on Friday' and you take that as there is no reason to discuss it then that is fine but it is obviously an opinion. Yes if I frame it like that I clearly feel pretty strongly about my opinion but it is still just that, an opinion and thus up for discussion.

I feel strongly that the Caps are not going to retain all the UFAs that everyone wants them to unless they find out for a fact that Poti is done before July 1 and I don't see that happening.
Actually, I wouldn't bother discussing it with you at all. To me it implies closed-mindedness and that any points I raised in disagreement of that opinion would be ignored since your mind is already made up. I feel no need to essentially be talking to a wall.

I'd be much more likely to engage in a discussion that began with "I don't think the Caps will win in Ottawa because X, Y, and Z" since that implies some thought has been given to the situation.

Edit to add: Your second paragraph is a perfect example of what I am referring to. I agree that most of the moves that are being discussed are contingent on Poti's long-term prognosis.

Last edited by Stewie G: 03-24-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote