View Single Post
Old
03-23-2011, 02:41 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
Well show me a game where a pred hasnt made a bonehead pass up the middle to get it out of our zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Yeah, maybe the "same song and dance" commentary is due to similar plays happening over and over.
Look, don't get me wrong. I fully expected to get some flack over my comment. I like Crisp, I really do. I like the old school aspect he brings to the game, and I like when he'll tell a story about the old days.

But sometimes, I feel like he's talking to the fans like it's their first game or something. I've been following the Preds for over a decade now. Most people have a somewhat astute understanding of the game. Our fan base has grown leaps and bounds from the "Hockey 101" days.

I just think either we can get someone in who can do both the soft, funny stories and provide insightful analysis. Lately, it's so predicable that I don't even listen to his color commentating anymore.

Don't want a homer. Don't want a hater. Just want an objective voice to let us in behind the scenes. If Cripsy can be that voice, then fine, but enough with the Mickey Mouse analysis.

But I guess there are bigger problems we could be worried about than our CC. So I guess that's the bright side.

Here's his knightly script: Time and Space, Marketing Announcement about future promotions, Too many lateral passes, Not getting the puck deep, No one in front of the net.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote