View Single Post
Old
03-23-2011, 03:42 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
no way grachev deserves to be 4. his play does not warrant that type of ranking. i understand that the forwards behind him have not played in the ahl yet, but guys like zuc, hagelin, werek, fasth and horak look to have higher upsides right now.

as of today, big evgeny has been a bit of a flop. even though hes still young, guys like mcd, stepan and even zuc have stepped in and enjoyed success at the nhl level. grachev still cant find any traction in the ahl.

borque at 8 is too high. not a fan of ryan bourque as he seems like an ahl player or another 4th line energy/pk type and we have too many of those guys now.

mcilrath at 6 is waaayyyyy too high. hes proven nothing so far, isnt even the best dman on his moosejaw team and seems to me to still be very one dimensional. this ranking is purely based upon his draft position and not on his abilities hes shown so far. im sorry, but physical one dimensional defenders and face punchers who have average hockey sense dont impress me.

both fasth and horak should be higher as both have been pretty darn good. fasth showed what he could do in buffalo with blazing speed and excellent offensive hockey iq. his play in the sel has been impressive. hes got high end offensive instincts and hes a dangerous player when hes got the puck.

while horak is enjoying another solid season for chilli. 64 26 52 78 -7 60

hes got a very developed 2 way game, is a very underrated playmaker, plays a ton of minutes and seems like another solid 3c/2c in waiting.

in fact, the 6'1 180 lb horak continues to be the one prospect that we seem to hear the least about- playing in chilli may have something to do with that yet hes my dark horse choice for someone who will play big time minutes for this organization very soon. i have always liked this kids game- he skates very well and his development has been consistent with a player who will play in the nhl soon.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote