Old
03-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I agree with most of your statement. But just take a look at the top ten in scoring this year. Look at the top 20 for that matter. Sure for the most part the mid 20's are prime years. Players 28, 29, 30, and older can still function and have outstanding seasons.My beef is to pigeonhole players like G and say he is old in terms of scoring prowess when he just turned 23. I really believe that this kid will continue to improve and become a bigger factor with this team in the years to come.
I didnt say players couldnt have great seasons in their 30's but the people who say that a players prime goes until 32 is just incorrect. The prime of your career is the best years you have, the best chunk of years, not just 1 year here or there. The prime of a players career in my mind is 22-27, because that tends to be the best 6 years of their career. Im not sure who your referring to when you say that people say Giroux is "old". To me, he entered his prime this season and this and the next 4-5 years will be his best. I think next season he will likely hit his peak.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote