View Single Post
Old
03-23-2011, 10:10 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
Im in the minority maybe and thats ok, but i still don't quite get the C. Kreider fasination.. Less than a point a game in a very average league such as Hockey East? I guess im just not sold yet.. Hope i'm wrong.
With what we've seen transpire with some of our own young players and prospects post lockout, I guess the lesson learned is that early impressions aren't everything, especially in terms of being indicative for future ceiling or level of play. Either Sam or Joe commented last night that some young players only play their best hockey when challenged at the highest level... Not saying that's certain to be the case for any of our prospects but it's definitely valid for some players... Mike Green has scored more points in the NHL in a single season than he ever had scored in the CHL in any given season.... I always found that impressive.

I knew going into this season that McDonagh was a well regarded NCAA defenseman, but after seeing him in pre-season I felt pretty underwhelmed with what I saw and figured he had some work to do to improve before he could be an NHL regular... Based on my early impressions, I never would I have guessed he would be an mid-season call up and blend in seamlessly and carry himself like a seasoned vet. Works the same way with regards to Grachev though... I was really pumped up after following him his junior season with Brampton and now I feel let down at how things have gone since.... .

I just try to maintain a cautious optimism about some of these prospects and being optimistic (to a degree) and following them on their respective teams through the system and rooting for them, I think it's pretty enjoyable... Much more fun then erring on the side of negativity and assuming a prospect will likely bust.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 03-23-2011 at 10:18 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote