Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Guys born in 80 (Complete list of top guys all time scoring list):

1.Lecavalier - past prime (injuries)
2. Brad Richards - in best PPG of his career (91 points last year, 67 in 62 this year)
3. Henrik Sedin - Hart Trophy last year, 86 in 73 this year (Prime of his career)
4. Daniel Sedin - Hart Trophy this year
5. Simon Gagne - past prime (injuries)
6. Zetterberg - prime of his career of pace for 82 points this year
7. Mike Ribeiro - Still in top 20 in scoring, had 2 good years as a pro, hard to say
8. David Legwand - he is a 40-50 point guy still, has been his whole career
9. Nik Antropov - had his best year of his career last year
10. Mike Comrie - past prime

After this you have guys like Malhotra who are having their best years and many others that suck. But anyone not in the top 6 of this list is not really a good comparison to a star player like Giroux. So, barring injuries - using the top players at 30.....I don't see a reason why Giroux can't still be a top player at 30, his game would be closest to Henrik.

1979:
Top guys are Thornton, Hossa, Marleau, Tanguay, Gomez, Morrow, Gionta, Malone, Kunitz, Dupuis - all still good players in the NHL. All are now in the downside of their career. At 31, this is Thornton's first bad year in 5 years - he is closest to Giroux on this list. Hossa has been on a decline since 27, Marleau had his best year at 30 the rest are even on both sides of the coin.

I think Giroux is top 10 in the NHL today at 23. I think he will have his best years around 24-28. I think he will continue to be a point per game player until 29/30. That is all.
Thank you for making my point for me. Players CAN have good years into their 30's but if you had to go to Vegas and bet on a random players best 3 seasons in the NHL would you throw your house on 24-26 or 29-31? Go through the NHL and show me which players are better at 30 than they were at 25 and I'll come back with a list of thousands of players to counter.

By the way, don't be silly, Giroux is not a top 10 player in the NHL. Let's see him crack the PPG mark before we call him Forsberg.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote