View Single Post
Old
03-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Honestly? Zuccarello, Christensen or Wolski. Three guys who are inconsistent and with no shootout in the playoffs are a bit redundant.
That's incredibly short-sighted. It's much more important and of much more value to this team's long-term success to have Zuccarello continue to get NHL experience, and to get some playoff experience. Hell, the same can still be said of Wolski (who just turned 25 last month). And Christensen has simply earned the spot more than Drury has. Certainly not a model of consistency, Christensen has still been a more reliable and productive player than Chris Drury has over the last 2 seasons now, albeit only slightly last year. Drury has 0 goals and 4 assists in 23 games this year. Christensen has 26 points in 55 games. Sure, I wouldn't lose sleep over Drury playing over Christensen, but over Wolski or Zuccarello? I'd definitely be shocked and appalled.

It'd be a big mistake to throw a guy who's struggled as much as Drury has AND hasn't played in months into a playoff series. Take key draws and kill penalties? We have more than enough more than adequate penalty killers. Let Dubinsky take key draws. He's going to continue to get better, and he's got such a desire to win, I have worlds of confidence in him. It's silly to have to TRY to find a role for a guy. If you're LOOKING and hoping to find a role he COULD fill, then he's not a good enough player to crack a playoff team's lineup, in my opinion. Forcing Chris Drury into this lineup and manufacturing a role for him simply because this team is 28th in the league on faceoffs is the wrong way to make roster decisions.

Last edited by Zuccarello Awesome*: 03-24-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote