View Single Post
Old
03-24-2011, 10:15 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
I know how Schultz is viewed by many on the boards. If this committee made the decisions he would definitely be moved. But that isn't the case. Poti or not, is anyone willing to put something up with respect to McPhee actually dealing away Schultz?

This isn't about what anyone thinks should happen, it is about what you think will happen.
Well I know the loyalty factor to the home grown players that came up through Hershey with Boudreau has been discussed. The feeling has been that both GMGM/BB allowed too much of this to play in to their decision making regarding personnel, but I believe that has recently been dispelled with the likes of Flash and Steckel being moved. The past two years, GMGM really has not had a strong base line on defense to do a player comparison with. That's changed this year, both with Carlzner having a full year as well as the additions of Hannan and Wideman. GMGM now can look at these d-men and see where Schultz stacks up. I've said it for a while, I truly believe that Schultz is done developing as a d-man, this is his game and there's not another level to be developed, which I believe is not the case with Mike Green. Green being mentored for a full season by Hannan will raise his game. Schultz's current game is his ceiling. Probably after last season, Schultz may have been at the peak of his value due to his outrageous +/-, but I'm sure some GMs will still be enamored with that.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote