View Single Post
Old
03-24-2011, 10:25 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
This team desperately needs a reliable faceoff man. I watch a ton of Vancouver games and I truly believe that one of the reasons they are so dominant is because they are so effective in the faceoff circle. Drury's caphit is awful, possibly the worst in the league but this team is weak in the faceoff circle and Drury is our best faceoff man. Anyone that thinks he wouldn't be on this roster if he had a more reasonable cap hit is just being delusional.
Who do you want him to play with though? He doesn't deserve a lot of playing time and we shouldn't break up any of our lines with chemistry for the sake of getting him out there for a face-off.... His potential impact in the face-off circle is greatly limited by his even strength play and lack of chemistry with other forwards.... If he was more serviceable at even strength it might make sense but right now that's not the case.... Prust/Boyle/Feds line and Dubi/AA/Callahan lines should not be altered and the other 2 lines are not that good defensively do I wouldn't expect them to be out there much during key game situations....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Forget the stats and Drury's decline as the two way guy he once was, how could anyone think the young players would not feel great about having a guy like Drury come back just in time for when play matters most? Are some people looking too much at paper rather than the people again?

Yeah, I guess momentum and emotion mean nothing come playoff time.
He's been absent most of the season, when he's in the line-up, he plays 4th line minutes, his impact is negligible. The younger guys are leading the team now. If they need veteran leadership they can look to Prospal & McCabe.... We absolutely don't need veteran leadership from a player who can't lead out on the ice with his play.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 03-24-2011 at 10:33 AM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote