View Single Post
Old
03-24-2011, 12:07 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Nice try? You feel if he has a similar playoffs to last year he becomes untradeable? Not a chance. Regardless though I don't think his playoff performance is going to have anything to do with how McPhee feels about him as part of the long term plan. He gave him the contract after last year's playoffs after all.Bet yeah sure the $2.75 mil albatross of a cap hit...
Disagree, the contract was more related to the regular season and that dumb +/- statistic. Too many people and that includes those that visit this board use stats as a guage for someone's value and performance. Statistics are not always a reliable indicator. Heck what would you think of Hannan if you just looked at his stats and not his actual performance.

Randy as far as your comments regarding Poti not being a good skater, well the same can be said of Hannan as well. But where they differ significantly from Schultz is their positioning on the ice, their decision making and hockey smarts and all of that compensates for their skating skills or lack thereof.

After posting I re-read your comments and now realize you were referring to Schultz when noting the poor skating skills. I therefore concur with your remarks. Carry on.!

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote