Thread: Hannan
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Why do you speak of last years playoffs? I didnt like his game and his pairings performance but that is besides the point. His collective career playoff experience I grade him a C at best.

Do you like Poti's contract? 2,75M for a guy that doesnt skate well in a skating league, Thats why i dont like his game and George's vision when drafting him ahead of Green. 5 years from now, hitting will probably be outlawed, the league will be even faster. The writing is all over the wall. Yet his skating like other parts of his game will probably never change. Can he keep up as the league gets inevitably faster?

He goes against George's own preference for mobile puck movers.
I know how you feel about Schultz. If you were in charge he would have been moved years ago. I get it. But this isn't about what you think about the guy. It is about what McPhee thinks about the guy. If you feel McPhee went against his own better judgement and preference for mobile puck moves and gave Schultz a 4 year deal anyway and is jumping at the idea of moving him on then more power to you. But realistically that isn't the case.

Again you don't give a 4 year deal like the one they gave Schultz to a guy who you aren't very confident is part of the long term plan. And one season into that contract a lack of building on the previous season is not enough of a reason to change that thinking IMO.

Do I like Poti's contract? Yeah but I don't like his health issues at this point. But he isn't even playing on his new contract yet so who knows how that will work out?

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote