Thread: Card collecting
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Cams

vCash: 500
As GLG said, I think the market is saturated. Maybe not as much now as in the early '90s. I stopped collecting around 1995-96 probably.

I was lucky in that my Dad purchased me a couple packs every day virtually when I was a kid.

My collection (of the top of my head, not a home right now) consists of the following:

1977-78 O Pee Chee (OPC) 3/4 complete set
1978-79 OPC incomplete set
1979-80 OPC 95% complete set
1980-81 OPC Complete
Every year from 1981 until the end of the original O Pee Chee - complete set

I have the first few complete sets of Upper Deck, Score, and I think even Pro Set, plus a lot of the insert sets (rookies, traded players, etc.) Plus, I also have a couple sets of CHL cards from the early '90s, as well as some Windsor Spitfires team sets.

A few prize possessions are going to hard to get rid of for various reasons, if I ever choose to do so. Gretzky rookie, Lemieux, Yzerman, Messier, Bourque rookies, among others.

I don't like the cards of today, plus they are a lot more expensive, and don't have that nasty powder coated pink gum either!

If I am not mistaken, the OPC cards from Canada are more valuable than the Topps version stateside...? The were the same card, but different name, plus the Canadian versions had french on them I think. Haven't browsed the collection in a long time!

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote