View Single Post
Old
03-24-2011, 02:32 PM
TheWes

vCash: 500
Ok...

Maybe grumpy was too strong of a word. I just say that because I have noticed that it has gotten worse over the years.

I have listened to a lot of other announcers around the league, and none of them rant and rail on their team the way that Terry does. There is nothing wrong with giving the other team credit and offering some constructive criticism, but he crosses the line much of the time. Going back to the Edmonton game, the Oilers had a couple of stretches where they held the territorial play, but the Preds carried the play for most of the game and it showed statistically. There was no reason to take the criticism to the level that he did. At one point he said, "I can't believe what is going on on the ice right now...I guess it is what it is". Come on now, that is just gratuitous. I am trying to enjoy my team play, not listen to the color man rip them a new one.

I think a lot of it might have to do with him being a former coach and having that more critical perspective of the game. I tell you what, I would have hated playing for him if he never had anything good to say.

TheWes is offline   Reply With Quote