View Single Post
Old
03-24-2011, 05:35 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Humorous or not for you--he's a shell of what he once was. Tortorella was using both Kolarik and Newbury ahead of him.

I think you underestimate Wolski as well. He's a young player with speed and with real upside. His offense might be inconsistent but inconsistent is better than non existent. He floats too much but Drury floats some as well. Wolski's defense has not been bad--+11 in 30 games with us mostly playing with two rookies.

The direction of the team is going away from older players like Drury in any case. The heart and soul players for this team are Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal and Girardi. This is the new leadership. They along with Lundqvist have carried the team. As of now Avery is the 13th forward--Drury at best falls behind him.

I still cant get over how people make it seem like Dru in some way is much worse than he once was. When was this once was? the guy is not that old. The fact is Torts came and set things straight, Drury was played way in over his head with Renney and obv will accumulate more points when hes on the PP all the time, but he wasent good enough then nor is he now to contribute in the way GM and Renney tried to believe. Hes a 3rd or 4th line guy when hes playing 100% intensity and is quite effective at that roll, now and in the past. Maybe a year or two he was a 2nd line guy but with Buff i didnt see his talent level any different. Just plain and simple pathetic signing there was not this slide in that last year or two. The Slide is Torts who plays guys not based on contract, and everyone followed along thereafter. But as i said the only way u put Dru in the lineup is at the expense of Wolski, Christ is to talented to have sitting out esp with some chemistry with Gabs. Boyle is a force but if he were to struggle that might be the only center u can take out.

Last edited by satrabyk: 03-24-2011 at 05:44 PM.
satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote