Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers agree to terms with Dylan McIlrath
View Single Post
Old
03-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I don't know. They showed nice patience with Sangs.

Mcd spent a few months with him, thats a huge part of his development?

Also, Sangs spent alot of time with Shoeny

Still not that confident.

My biggest fear is that they rush him. Hope Sauer stays healthy, he's holding the spot until DM is ready. If Sauer somehows gets hurt again they may be tempted to get the big kid here sooner, which could be a bad move.
Regarding Sangs: In the main, the Rangers have showed patience with their prospects. There was something w/Sangs that they did not like. I've never heard a reliable explanation as to why they gave up on him.

There is little reason to be concerned about the Rangers rushing a prospect: Cally, Dubi, Arty, Girardi, and Sauer, all spent significant time there. McD seems to have benefited from a some what shorter stay. Stepan and Zuuc have been hot and cold, but defensively they have not been a liability.

The only regrets I have development wise are Korpikowski and Montoya. But players get it and blossom at different times.

You can't win them all, but the Rangers are showing a far better record in developing prospects than just a few years ago.

I am very confident that they will bring McIlrath along in a way that helps his development.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote