View Single Post
Old
08-03-2005, 04:44 AM
Brad*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
If healthy, you really can't go wrong with going to war with those six. I also think by mid-season Pitkanen - Rathje should be your top defensive pairing.

On the Devils news front Naslund reportedly agreed to a three year contract for $6 Mill a year with the Canucks which basically takes them out of the Nieder chase along with you guys. Honestly man, if we signed just him and nobody else, I would call the Devils offseason a huge success.

By the way, have you guys noticed that Lou swears that he will buy NO ONE out of their Devils contracts? Interesting....
If the Devils retain Niedermayer, they'll find a way to compete for the Atlantic title. Even if they don't re sign him, they'll still be a thorn in a lot of teams' sides. They must really be intenet on resigning him though, because I don't hear much about NJ going after any replacements.

I can understand why some GM's don't do buyouts. For many, paying a player to play somewhere else just doesn't make sense. The Flyers really had no choice with LeClair and Amonte though - wish they would have done it with Brashear.