View Single Post
Old
03-26-2011, 08:26 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I like what you're saying, but let's be practical. That isn't going to save us against a Vancouver or Detroit. Doughty and Johnson have contributed very little in offense over the past six games. There are two sides of the equation, and we have one of the weakest offenses out of the playoff bunch, and we just lost our biggest and most lethal offensive weapon who was 16 points ahead of second place and second place is out with injury too! I hope the Kings win the Stanley Cup, like every other Kings fan, but realistically we would need to see crazy odd-defying **** to sniff the second round. Phoenix, Nashville, and San Jose are the three likely teams in our range right now for the postseason. All of those teams will require many goes scored against and each one of them has become adept at lighting us up over the past few years....
I think the Kings can and will give a good accounting of themselves in the first round. It wasn't like there were any guarantees in the first round even with Kopitar in the lineup.

There are all kinds of positives that can come out of this long term. Don't become too fatalistic about it.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote