Thread: Getting Worse?
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Gamma82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Is it possible the Rangers have gotten worse? I figured that they would have improved.
I think we all figured they would have improved. I must admit I am usually a glass is half-full type when it comes to the Rangers. I was defending Muckler until the day he was fired. I was hopeful when Trottier was hired and thought Sather behind the bench would get them into the playoffs last year.

However after the first 2 games I know longer will defend the team. It's time they earned the right for us to cheer for them. I am thankful I don't have season tickets again this year, but if I did I would be booing these bums during introductions. We have supported this team through all this downturn, eventhough it looks like all they care about is the paycheck. Those two games didn't show me any of them has a heart.

Well maybe I can defend one player, Mark Messier, who I read on numerous boards or newspaper articles should retire. Well at least he held up his end of the bargain and played liked he belonged in the league or more importantly like he wanted to be on the ice.

The one thing I can't bring myself to call this group is "team". They are nothing but a bunch of high priced mercenaries with no allegiance to each other the fans or the sweater.

I hope I am completely off base and that Sather can turn this around. It's just that I am tired of being the last one off the Titanic. This year I can probably say that I am one of the first to officially say that I hear the Fat Lady warming up and getting ready to take the stage and begin singing.

My glass half-full approach tells me well at least we are going to get a good draft choice, possibly #1, and since there will probably be no season next year we will get a high draft choice, again possibly #1, in next years draft.

So if things work out the way I see it the Rangers will get the #1 pick in 2004 and 2005. That's about the best I can hope for after watching those games on Friday and Saturday. 11 of the next 14 games are on Garden ice, if this team shows us the same effort in those games we have seen in the first 2 the Garden could get ugly early this season. A hostile home crowd, well at least those who show up will be the norm.