View Single Post
Old
03-27-2011, 12:58 AM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
The Vezina race, right now, is between Thomas, Rinne, Lundqvist, Price, and Luongo w/ goalies like Hiller and Bryzgalov on the outside looking in.

Personally, I wouldn't award Thomas with the Vezina. I don't think goalies who only play 50-55 games should win the Vezina. It isn't a fair comparison, to goalies like Price, Lundqvist, Bryzgalov, etc, who will all play ~ 70 games. There is a big difference between a goaltender playing 50-55 games and 70 games. I think work load, in my opinion, should be considered. Again, I personally thought Thomas didn't deserve his first Vezina (especially when a guy like Backstrom puts up fantastic numbers, in the same ball park of Thomas, over 71 games).

I think Henrik will get nominated this year, if he plays well through the last six games. But, he won't win it. Thomas will win it, because of excellent numbers over a light work load. And that isn't taking anything away from Thomas, he's been outstanding this year, but I just don't think it's a real fair comparison.
I agree completely. A goalie should have to play 75% of the games to warrant consideration unless he missed time due to injury or he was a backup who took over the starting job a couple months into the season.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote