View Single Post
Old
03-27-2011, 12:41 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
If SOB can play like he did last night in every game from here on out I don't have a problem with him. He only took one penalty, and it was an offsetting roughing call. I'm all for that. That is when toughness makes up for penalties. When you're clearing the crease and take a penalty here and there, yes toughness does make up for penalties. When you're crosschecking guys in the head, spearing guy's in the face, or taking lazy penalties when we're already down a man nothing makes up for it.

He had a decent game last night. I hope he can keep focused
And in taking that offsetting penalty, he took one of their better players off the ice for two minutes.

We need some toughness on the back end. As much as I'd love to see Weber, Suter, Klein, Blum, Josi and Ellis on the back end some day, they're a little small and cream puffy. Having a guy like SOB on the third pairing is a good fit. It adds some grit. It adds a guy who protects Rinne at all costs. Regardless of whether a guy is in Rinne's face or not, SOB is pushing guys out of the way and protecting his keeper. I'm good with that.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote