View Single Post
Old
10-13-2003, 11:15 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Liodice
I think someone is trying to start a fight between the two boards and prep us up for the game on October 20 :p You've got two sides of the specttrum here. Isles fans will never forgive Darcy Tucker for what he did to Michael Peca; and Leafs fans will think that the hit was a clean one. Taking into account Tucker's verbal "I'm going to kill you" threats to Peca, I still believe the hit was premeditated. No one would go down that low on someone 3 seconds after a pass. I infact, would love to see Peca exact some revenge on Tucker, now that he's fully healthy, but I surely doubt that would happen...

-TL
Bingo on all counts.

Most Isles fans will always think the hit was cheap and dirty (which it was) and legality doesn't matter because some NHL rules, refs and Colin Campbell are inept while most Loaf fans will always think it was clean. But the real answer lies with what fans from other teams besides the Isles and Loafs think. And from what I've read, 90% of most nhl fans think the hit was cheap and dirty. Enough said.