View Single Post
Old
08-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
If we do add Palffy, we'll have a high skilled team. But also very, very soft. If we can add a Big "E" at a very low amount, I would take that chance. He can center Palffy and Demitra, and add that protection needed. If we only get Palffy, our team will have a Giant Target on their chests.

If some of you are looking for another top six wing (after Palffy....if), we already blew a great chance at Tony Amonte who only went for 1.85 a year. An unbelievable bargain. Calgary has done real well with Amonte and McCarty for peanuts.

I'm still a bit lost when it comes to team identity.

As for enforcers, i'd bring back Matt Johnson for low dollar. Avery in between Flinn and Johnson would be massacre. I'd love it, at least at Frozen Fury anyways............Or Domi..........whichever. I just have a feeling Domi will go to Pittsburgh.

As for defenseman, we already missed out on Zhitnik, which to me would have been amazing. I'd like to see Schneider back, but I doubt he'll take something in a very low dollar amount. He's still a number one/two defenseman in my book, and they don't come cheap. He was one of the better defenseman in Detroit and actually had a better year than Lidstrom his last season.

That was a good price but I don't think Amonte has much left in the tank. I don't think he got many offers