Thread: Centers?
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2005, 01:19 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
The thing with Lindros is that the only healthy season of his career (2002-2003) saw him net the lowest point total of his career (53). Is he just in self presevation mode where he just floats around as a shell of his former self in an often vain attempt to avoid being injured again? I believe so.

With Allison, it's a little different. His natural style, unlike Lindros, is not conducive to injuries. He's not a rough and tumble, physical and aggressive big man. And when he's healthy, he puts up points. And unlike Lindros, who has missed 10 or more games in every year of his career save for two, Allison, in the past 7 years, has missed less than 10 games 4 times including three 80+ game seasons in 97-99 and 00-01.

Now his injury problems have kicked in big time in the past few years. He missed the better part of 99-00 and 02-03 as well as all of 2003-04. And he's likely one more head shot away from retirement.

But there is a good chance he can give us a good 60-80 games. And if he plays those 60-80 games, I don't think it's a stretch to say he can get us 60-80 points. He's pretty much been a PPG player since his first season in Boston in 97-98. For the right price, it's worth the risk.

He's more likely to bust out and never play a game on the Preds than Lindros. But I think his potential is higher and his price is lower. With Lindros, you know what you get. An oftentimes uninvolved, passive PF who's a shell of his former self. We don't know what to expect from Allison, but I think if they both play a full season, Ally would outscore Lindros.