Finnish Top Prospects ( In Future)
View Single Post
03-28-2011, 12:34 AM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Just for laughs, 90-94 born NHL prospects:
1. RW - Joel Armia (-93)
2. CE - Mikael Granlund (-92)
3. D - Rasmus Ristolainen (-94)
4. GK - Christopher Gibson (-92)
5. D - Olli Määttä (-94)
6. GK - Samu Perhonen (-93)
7. RW - Teemu Pulkkinen (-92)
8. C/W - Miikka Salomäki (-93)
9. GK - Joni Ortio (-91)
10. LW - Joonas Donskoi (-92)
11. D - Sami Vatanen (-91)
12. C/W - Kalle Torniainen (-94)
13. LW - Teemu Hartikainen (-90)
14. D - Jani Hakanpää (-92)
15. GK - Sami Aittokallio (-92)
- I've been watching some QMJHL games from
and I have to say that Gibson is looking really good. Archived games are really cheap, so if you are interested, give it a try.
- I'm probably putting too much emphasis on WJC's, but it seems that it's Rafalski or nothing for Vatanen, and Rafalski is still far out of reach. His offensive game alone requires quite a lot of adapting for smaller ice surface. Vatanen is short, but in reality Rafalski isn't any taller. What worries me is that Vatanen doesn't seem to be putting on any weight (muscle), he's still pretty much the same skinny boy that he was last year.
- I don't think that Haula is much of a NHL prospect, just not enough goal scoring ability for a player that's not really a grinder.
- I'm not a huge fan of Jokipakka, a tad too soft for my taste and the offensive game as a whole just isn't there yet. Better than the drafted guys like Rissanen and Kivistö for sure, but not much is required for that.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Tormentor