View Single Post
Old
03-28-2011, 11:10 AM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Wow, all the negativity!

I for one, want the reno and at this point plan on holding onto my season subscription in the 300's.

although relevant to a small degree, Baseball stadiums are not a good analogy: twice the number of games and 3 times the seating capacity.

The Garden is NOT half empty on most nights. That's silly. Even the Sens game had a pretty good size crowd.

There is still residual trouble selling "lower bowl" seats, but as the economy and and the team improve even that will start to change as corporations will once again desire the cache of Rangers Tickets as perks for clients and star employees.

Playoff tickets are the reason for maintaining a season subscription. Watch what happens to that stubhub option if we make it to the 2nd round.....
You aren't upset because your seats are only going up $4 next season. I'll just wait and see how you feel about things a year from now when your $63 seats get jacked up to $80. For $200/pair (with a couple drinks and a burger) to sit in the upper level I don't really see that much value. Certainly not enough that I would go to anything close to 40 games a year. I'll probably be keeping mine too...but beyond a half dozen games or so I'll be watching from home. For the price of a few pairs you can build yourself a home theater with a 100+" screen that will give you a better view than you'll have at the Garden.