View Single Post
Old
03-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Blueshirt Special

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
You aren't upset because your seats are only going up $4 next season. I'll just wait and see how you feel about things a year from now when your $63 seats get jacked up to $80. For $200/pair (with a couple drinks and a burger) to sit in the upper level I don't really see that much value. Certainly not enough that I would go to anything close to 40 games a year. I'll probably be keeping mine too...but beyond a half dozen games or so I'll be watching from home. For the price of a few pairs you can build yourself a home theater with a 100+" screen that will give you a better view than you'll have at the Garden.
True-dat.

I feel bascially the same way. I guess what I'm saying is that I feel there is still value in holding the season subscription. I used to go to 20+ games a season, but now it's more like 10-12.

Partnering with one or 2 people who will take a set number of games off your hands definitely helps. Then I sell a few, give some to clients and donate some to the local youth hockey club for auctions and I rarely get "stuck" with tix I cant use.

But yes, it is a VERY expensive proposition. Was much easier to take when I was making money a few years ago!