View Single Post
Old
03-28-2011, 01:30 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Might watch the Mets this year. I know, it's pretty bandwagon (don't know why you'd bandwagon the Mets, though...) but I turned my friend onto hockey and the Rangers so i'm giving him a chance to make me like the Mets and baseball.

Here's to a good season.
God help you.

Seriously though, this team will surprise some people. I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs but they'll be a solid ball club. There's way to much talent on this team to be more than 5 games under .500 at the most. Haven't watched much of spring training because I've been focused on the NYR but it seems as if the team is shaping up nicely outside of Beltran being injured again. With Beltran and Reyes in contract years, you should see ample production out of them and it may give them the chance to get something good at the deadline for either. As ODC said, their pitching is a lot better than people give it credit for and in the lineup, they still have Ike and Wright with Bay definitely having a better season then last.

The team will be good and don't be surprised if they happen to be in the playoff race some September.