View Single Post
Old
03-28-2011, 02:43 PM
utmfisher19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
My opinion as to why there are varying views on SOB is because:

Power Forwards and physical Dmen TAKE PENALTIES.

That is what makes them effective. I know some of you may not like it that he takes penalties. But I would rather have a guy clear out the crease and take a penalty for it than have their guys whacking away at Pekka/or at his rebounds. If he puts the thought in the back of their minds that they will get hit (and get hit HARD) by SOB, then they will be hesitant about going to the net as they will be punished when they get there.

Same goes for Power Forwards. An effective one knows how to get in there and get 75-100 PIMs a year and put up 50+ points (mostly on garbage goals). They aren't 75-100 PIMs that come from hooking, slashing, tripping, high-sticking, etc. penalties. They come from dirty penalties (roughing, interference, fighting, cross-checking, boarding, elbowing, etc.).

So for me, I LOVE how SOB plays. He is extremely effective at what he does. And we need a guy to do what he does. Badly... I'd love for Weber to do more of it, but we need him on the ice. SOB, we can live without on the ice if he wants to fight, or rough, or cross-check. It is funny that we often hear that our guys don't take up for each other or take the body around the net. Well, this guy does, and then we complain about the PIMs he gets from doing it? Baffling...

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote