View Single Post
Old
03-28-2011, 04:33 PM
The Saw Is the Law

vCash: 500
I got Salomäki as fourth best forward in my rankings previous page. I like everything what I've seen.

I had compared him to Mike Richards. I see many same things in their play. First of all Salomäki will not be next Mike Richards, more likely Richards-lite player. I have no clue about leadership things of Salomäki but both are smallish centers, good two-way game, good shot, pass, hard hits and grit. Difference is that Salomäki lacks a bit of Richards in every single category. So his upside could be like 2nd line version of Richards.

I may sound weird but in my opinion the most underrated thing in hockey is the 'killing mentality'. I'm not talking about cheapshots or Matt Cooke. It's more like 'kill or be killed' you cant give anything for free to opponent. You must play with the edge all the time every shift. Don't let the momentum change. I see that Richards and Salomäki have the same mentality. Guys like Toni Rajala, Jesse Niinimäki or Lauri Tukonen doesn't have any of that mentality. They got skills but will lose and keep losing. They play loosy with smile on face. Will cry if someone just hurted. They are not current NHL players and they will not be NHL players. Look at Ovechkin he is not smiling when the game clock is ticking, he is so ****ing concentrated on his job. After the red light and goal song everything changes.

Mikael Granlund and Miikka Salomäki really have that mentality and they will be NHL players.