View Single Post
Old
03-28-2011, 07:38 PM
VJ Rangerfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
question wasnt posed to me but ill answer with some young naive knowledge... i understand wanting the rivalry back, it pisses me off that there is no real rivalry anymore like it used to be BUT with how tight the east has been in the past years, especially how tight the atlantic; the last thing we need is to face a team with 3 top five picks 6 times a year.

i also dont think it will take another lottery pick for them to be competitive, with streit coming back next year, hamonic and macdonald have been solid and tavares and okposo are only getting better. throw in some solid goaltending and their a tough team to face.
you must mean "another" team ...

To the OP, I don't think they need the top pick to get back to respectablility. They are having an upward swing themselves, although the wins aren't there. I watch quite a bit of their games and living/playing on long island I have quite a few "friends" that are isles fans and they have a pretty exciting team already.

Let them get a half decent goaltender and they'll be up there again fighting us for the 6-8 spot in the EC. I sure hope that we can continue to build OUR team and move up and fight for the 4-6 spot and then soon afterwards compete for the division.

Edit: Just as an FYI, I hate the Isles even more then the Devils which is saying a lot. But do I want them to move? Maybe just to piss off the Isles fans I know but other then that, I think having them here makes it a much more fun and exciting rivalry and wouldn't really want it any other way.