Old
10-13-2003, 12:11 PM
NYIsles1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
Isles have 6th highest average ticket price

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/09/sp...ey/09DEVI.html

The Devils' average ticket price of $68.08, up 24.5 percent from last season, is the most expensive in the National Hockey League, according to the industry publication Team Marketing Report. The Devils are followed by Detroit at $57.11, Philadelphia at $57.06 and Toronto at $56.90. The Islanders were ranked sixth, with an average price of $53.14, up a league high of 38.3 percent from last season. The Rangers did not raise their ticket prices and were ranked No. 12, at $44.58. The league's average ticket price is $44.22, up 3.3 percent from last season.

At least the Times wrote something about the Islanders recently. They reported the teams finances during the summer also.

This changes things.

I'm kind of surprised because Hahn said he investigated the prices and found them at the league average, but this was during the summer.

Maybe this is for just single game tickets as opposed to plans or season tickets? It can be spun a lot of way, I guess.

I think Wang is doing what he can to offset his losses, but fans are going to stay away and have to pick and choose more so it may even out in the end. Bottom line he has to get some help from the country
or Smg and I do not see that happening.

IMO he has done more than his part since he bought the franchise, if he needed to do this to not cut payroll, I cannot blame him.